Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Wrapping Up 2018

Here it is the end of December. We have just celebrated my two older sons' birthdays...actually one is today. This last year has been a huge adjustment for us. School is harder not only for the boys but for myself as their teacher.




Adding a now very vocal and mobile baby/toddler to the mix has been "fun". Some days I really want to pull my hair out or scream at the top of my voice. And some days I do just let out a scream. I know it shouldn't be this frustrating but it is life and when you are trying to balance it all, it just IS.
Each day we adjust and try to find ways to make life easier. For instance, I now write on a white board the assignments for each boy for that day. We have amended it to also include for the week when it comes to work they can complete without me.


This helps so I don't feel trapped to being at their side telling them what is next. It also allows them to complete more if I am busy with one of their brothers. If they have finished all of their weekly independent work and I am able to wrap up our group work then our school week is completed and they get an early weekend.

So far that has not happened exactly. We have been preparing for a trip and to put our house on the market. Not to mention sickness and unexpected situations like babysitting or family needing help. That being said we are on track to be able to take a 2 week vacation coming up AND still finish school at the end of March. We may add an extra day of school work into each week right now trying to help meet those goals. Is it overwhelming? Yes! But my boys really want to keep going and try. This will also help us finish right as we put the house on the market so we don't have to stress with showing interruptions or moving our school books to still be used.

Alright next post I'll share some exciting news and I'll start putting together some of the fun trips we have been on over the last year. Until then...keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment